The following is a press release issued jointly by the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office, CALFIRE and Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office:
WHAT: Mendocino County, additional Evacuation Warnings – areas south and east of Highway 162
WHEN: Effective Immediately
Areas of Mendocino County –
• ZONE – AN – South of Highway 162 and the Eel River, west of Salt Creek, north of Brushy Creek and the Eel River, east of Highway 162.
• ZONE – AQ – North of the Eel River, south and east of Highway 162, west of Redwine Springs.
• Private driveway near Williams Creek is closed to north bound traffic
• Bell Springs closed to north bound traffic at Lundblade Ranch Road
• Mina Road is closed to north bound traffic at the bridge over the North Fork of the Eel River
• Mendocino Pass Road closed to east bound traffic just east of the Williams Creek Bridge
• Hearst Willits Road at the bridge, closed to east bound traffic
To support fire control operations and fire activity, the Mendocino County Sheriff in conjunction with the Unified Command Team for the August Complex – West Zone, has ordered an additional Evacuation Warning.
View the most current evacuation map at: https://tinyurl.com/MendoEvac
For more information about wildfire preparedness visit: www.readyforwildfire.org