Mendocino County’s 3rd District Supervisor John Haschak has confirmed, “975 vaccines are to be delivered today in Mendocino County. Vaccines will be given according to state vaccine tiers.”
Supervisor Haschak’s announcement comes hours after North Coast State Senator Mike McGuire announced on his Twitter that “the first 327,000 doses of the Covid vaccine arrived late last night in California via cargo transport planes.”
Mendocino County with about 87,000 people got exactly the same number of vaccines as Humboldt county with about 139,000 people.
According to Governor Newsom, the three-tiered system will guide who will be receiving the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Tier I will include:
- Acute care, psychiatric and correctional facility hospitals
- Skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and similar settings for older or medically vulnerable.
- Paramedics, EMTs, and others providing emergency medical services
- Dialysis centers
Tier II will include:
- Intermediate care facilities
- Home healthcare & supportive services
- Community health workers
- Public health field staff
- Primary Care clinics, including Rural Health Centers, correctional facility clinics and urgent care clinics
Finally, Tier III will include:
- Specialty clinics
- Laboratory workers
- Dental / oral health clinics
- Pharmacy staff not working in settings at higher tiers
The 327,000 vaccinations will be distributed to six California regions. The six regions are as follows:
- Region 1 (126,750 doses) Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura counties.
- Region 2 (80,497 doses) Alameda, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Shasta, Solano, and Sonoma counties.
- Region 3 (8,592 doses) Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Santa Cruz, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, and Yuba counties.
- Region 4 (35,145 dose) Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare, Tuolumne, and Yolo counties.
- Region 5 (16,706 doses) Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, and Merced counties.
- Region 6 (59,910 doses) Imperial, Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.