Sonoma County Man Accused of Breaking into a Woman’s Home, Beating Her, then Fleeing Law Enforcement

The following is a press released from the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:

Sonoma County Sheriff’s deputies arresting Kincaid after fleeing law enforcement [Picture provided by SCSO]

A Santa Rosa man was arrested on multiple felonies Saturday night after attacking a woman in her home, then leading deputies on a pursuit for approximately six miles.

On January 9 at approximately 5:15PM, dispatch received a 911 call that a man attacked a woman in her home located in the 5000 block of Bohemian Highway in Camp Meeker. Deputies responded and learned a man had broken into a woman’s house, threw chairs at her, and strangled her. He drove away when a neighbor came over in response to the victim calling for help. Deputies called for medical help for the victim. Deputies learned the suspect was Tai Kincaid, 43, Santa Rosa, and got a description of the car he was driving.

About 15 minutes later, dispatch received a call from a person on Green Hill Road that Kincaid had just left the property and seemed intoxicated. The caller provided a description of the car and its license plate. More deputies came to the area to look for Kincaid. A deputy found him in his parked car in the 4800 block of Occidental Road. The deputy got out of his patrol car and told him not to move, but Kincaid sped away. Kincaid led deputies on a pursuit through the Country Club area of west Santa Rosa, reaching speeds up to 70 MPH and going through several stop signs. Deputies set up a spike strip at the intersection of Occidental Road and Sanford Road. The spike strip punctured the car’s tires, although Kincaid continued driving westbound on Occidental Road and drove through the red light at Highway 116. A tire came off the car, which then spun out and stopped in the 8700 block of Occidental Road.

Deputies told Kincaid to show his hands and get out of the car, but Kincaid kept dropping his hands out of sight and did not get out. Deputies broke a rear car window with a foam projectile in case they had to get into the car quickly. Ultimately, deputies took Kincaid into custody without further incident.

Kincaid was booked into county jail on seven felonies: two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of burglary, vandalism, elder abuse, and evading peace officers. He’s being held on $500,000 bail due to a bail enhancement granted by a judge.

Categories: Crime

Leave a Reply