The following press release was issued by the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office:
Throughout the day on 05-19-2021, Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office along with multiple allied law enforcement agencies conducted a large scale search of the remote area of Elk near Cameron Road in an attempt to locate the suspect in this investigation. The suspect was not located and remains wanted by the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking residents living along the South Coast of Mendocino County, Anderson Valley, Comptche and the western Ukiah hills to be aware of your surroundings when out in forested land.
We ask the public if there are any sightings of the suspect, immediately contact law enforcement. We are also asking any property owners who have remote cabins or property to be aware of the potential for a burglary at your location. The suspect has been captured on additional surveillance footage from February (see attachments) in which he is seen stealing a rifle from the location.
If you come upon a burglary of your property, please do not approach or enter the residence, contact 911 and law enforcement will respond to investigate. The suspect is believed to still be armed with at least one firearm and is known to steal firearms from dwellings. Be cognizant of where you step as we attempt to identify items of evidence which will help us in determining if any burglaries of structures are related.
The Sheriff’s Office has been made aware of the resemblance to Missing Person Dane Elkins from Santa Cruz County. In speaking to the family, they have confirmed Dane Elkins does not match the suspect in our investigation.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect identity, recent or past unreported burglaries or the whereabouts of this suspect is asked to contact the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office at 707-463-4086 or the Sheriff’s Office Tip-Line at 707-234-2100.
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Investigating the Redbearded Burglar Today in Elk
- The Hunt for the Redbearded Burglar Continues on the Mendocino County Coast, Says Sheriff Matt Kendall
- Redbearded Burglar Remains At-Large After Law Enforcement Searched Elk Area Today
- Redbearded Burglar Sought by Mendocino County Sheriff’s Suspected in Last Night’s Officer-Involved Shooting on the Coast
- Mendocino Sheriff Seeks Public Assistance in Identifying Burglar Targeting Remote Low Gap Road Homes