Yesterday’s national recognition of Memorial day honors those military personnel who have died performing their duties.
Ukiah’s Russian River Cemetery adorned sections of their grounds with American flags to honor the fallen and bring recognition to the national day of reflection.
Ukiah resident Cassandra Cain-Bawden said, “realizing these flags were honoring the ones who died fighting for our freedom was very emotional.” Cain-Bawden said she reflected with her mother about “how young some of the men were.”
MendoFever’s newest column, MendoMoments, is dedicated to showcasing the land, animals, and people that make up Mendocino County. All Mendocino County residents and visitors are invited to participate. Send photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org including a description of what your photograph depicts, where it was taken, and any other important details.
- MendoMoments: Soaking Feet in a Cool Creek
- MendoMoments: The Super Flower Blood Moon Descends Behind Duncan Peak
- MendoMoments: A Little Library in the Hamlet of Hearst
- MendoMoments: Thunderheads Gather Above the Mayacama Mountains
- MendoMoments: Lake Mendocino Through the Lens of a Newcomer