The skies above Mendocino Coast’s Noyo Harbor are flitting with seabirds. A nesting pair of Osprey, the legendary, fish-eating sea hawk, has welcomed three hatchlings into the world and Fort Bragg resident Judy Valadao caught a glimpse of them emerging from the nest.
Valadao said, “We were very surprised as they exposed themselves one at a time until there were three. Be sure to bring binoculars if you want to see them as they await the male’s return to the nest with a fish.”
MendoFever’s newest column, MendoMoments, is dedicated to showcasing the land, animals, and people that make up Mendocino County. All Mendocino County residents and visitors are invited to participate. Send photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org including a description of what your photograph depicts, where it was taken, and any other important details.
- MendoMoments: Memorial Day at Russian River Cemetery
- MendoMoments: Soaking Feet in a Cool Creek
- MendoMoments: The Super Flower Blood Moon Descends Behind Duncan Peak
- MendoMoments: A Little Library in the Hamlet of Hearst
- MendoMoments: Thunderheads Gather Above the Mayacama Mountains
- MendoMoments: Lake Mendocino Through the Lens of a Newcomer