In the mountains above Willits lies the maze-like community of Brooktrails. Brooktrails began as a forest-to-be-logged, and then in the 1970s was marketed as a vacation retreat for Bay Area residents. Today, over 3,000 Mendocino County-ites call the township-amongst-the-trees their home.
Seth Garcia found himself lost in the circuitous roads of Brooktrails yesterday evening when he looked up and beheld a sight. He was inspired to grab his camera and take a picture because he “liked how the road was windy and the sun was setting perfectly in between the trees.”
MendoFever’s newest column, MendoMoments, is dedicated to showcasing the land, animals, and people that make up Mendocino County. All Mendocino County residents and visitors are invited to participate. Send photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org including a description of what your photograph depicts, where it was taken, and any other important details.
- MendoMoments: Noyo Harbor’s Baby Ospreys Emerge
- MendoMoments: Memorial Day at Russian River Cemetery
- MendoMoments: Soaking Feet in a Cool Creek
- MendoMoments: The Super Flower Blood Moon Descends Behind Duncan Peak
- MendoMoments: A Little Library in the Hamlet of Hearst
- MendoMoments: Thunderheads Gather Above the Mayacama Mountains
- MendoMoments: Lake Mendocino Through the Lens of a Newcomer