The following is a press release issued by the County of Mendocino:
The five member Community-based Advisory Redistricting Commission (ARC) will hold its’ last public workshop on Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 6:15 pm. The deadline to receive draft maps from the public was October 29, 2021. On Wednesday, the ARC will consider additional draft maps based on community input on redistricting criteria and narrow maps for recommendation to the Board of Supervisors during Redistricting Hearing #3 on November 9, 2021.
Upcoming meeting and deadlines regarding redistricting:
- November 4th – Staff to publish 2-4 draft maps
- November 9th – Regular Board of Supervisors Meeting, Redistricting Hearing #3 – ARC Chair and Staff present draft maps to BOS and BOS to identify preferred map with any requested changes – approx. time 1:30 pm
- November 11th – Publish final map to be considered by the Board of Supervisors
- November 18th – Special Meeting set of Board of Supervisors, Redistricting Hearing #4 –BOS to approve final map- approximate time 1:00 pm
- December 7th – Regular Board of Supervisors Meeting, Redistricting Hearing #5 – Introduce Ordinance adopting final maps
- December 14th – Regular Board of Supervisors Meeting, 2nd reading of the Ordinance adopting final maps
Public comment on communities of interest for redistricting is important because it determines which neighborhoods and communities will be grouped together for the purposes of electing member of the Board of Supervisors by district. Residents have the opportunity to provide input on what kind of boundaries should be drawn to best represent their community.
The public may submit testimony in the following ways:
- Online: Go to https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/executive-office/redistricting and click on “Submit General Public Comment” or “Submit Community of Interest Public Comments and Maps”
- In person during the public hearing: Go to https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/executive-office/redistricting for information on how to participate
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: County Executive Office, 501 Low Gap Rd., Room 1010, Ukiah, CA 95482 Attn: Redistricting
- Phone: Call 707-463-4441
For more information on this process, visit: https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/executive-office/redistricting.