The following is a press release issued by the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office. The information has not been proven in a court of law and any individuals described should be presumed innocent until proven guilty:
On 11-03-2021 at 9:16 AM a resident arrived at their home located in the 29000 block of Albion Ridge Road in Albion, California.
Upon arrival the resident noticed the presence of a person crouched down beside an outbuilding near their residence. The person, matching the physical description of William Evers, ran off into the wooded terrain prompting a telephone call to the Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff’s Deputies responded and searched the area during the morning and late afternoon hours. During the late afternoon hours, Sheriff’s Deputies encountered William Evers from a distance and he was able to successful elude apprehension because of the terrain.
On 11-04-2021 at 10:19 AM, three Sheriff’s Deputies returned to the wooded area where they encountered Evers the previous day. The wooded area is part of the Salmon Creek Forest near a specific location commonly referred to as the “Doughnut Shop”.
While searching approximately 300 yards downhill from the “Doughnut Shop” two Sheriff’s Deputies encountered Evers who exited brushy terrain approximately eight feet away from them. Evers immediately noticed the presence of the Sheriff’s Deputies and ran back into the brushy terrain from where he appeared.
The Sheriff’s Deputies chased after Evers who was approximately 30 feet away running at a fast pace through the wooded terrain. One of the Sheriff’s Deputies was a Sheriff’s Office K9 Handler and deployed his partner “Takota” who gave chase.
Takota bit onto Evers’ backpack and he kicked the dog which caused the dog to disengage momentarily. Takota was given verbal deployment commands and again gave chase to Evers, eventually knocking him to the ground with a bite to the lower leg.
Sheriff’s Deputies reached Evers who was attempting to stand up to resume fleeing and wrestled him back onto the ground and into handcuffs. The foot chase lasted approximately 50 yards until Evers was restrained in handcuffs.
Evers subsequently attempted to stand and flee while sitting on the ground in handcuffs.
Evers was eventually escorted to a nearby patrol vehicle and placed into a Wrap leg restraint system due to his history of non-compliance and assaultive behavior.
Evers was transported to the Sheriff’s Office Ukiah Station to meet with Mendocino County District Attorney Investigators, Sheriff’s Office Detectives and to be medically cleared prior to being booked into the Mendocino County Jail.
- Redbearded Burglar Captured!
- Redbearded Burglar Spotted Dropping a Deuce on Albion Ridge Road Yesterday Afternoon Prompting Law Enforcement to Search the Area
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Once Again in Albion Attempting to Apprehend the Redbearded Burglar
- Law Enforcement Comb the Woods of Albion Ridge Searching for the Redbearded Burglar
- Mendocino Coast Resident Recounts Finding the Redbearded Burglar Pilfering Onions and Beets
- Albion Road Resident Spots the Redbearded Burglar Snooping Around Their Vegetable Garden
- Law Enforcement Conducting Dragnet on Mendocino County Coast to Capture the Redbearded Burglar
- The Redbearded Burglar Strikes Again: A Multi-Agency SWAT Team Responds
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Releases Identity of the Redbearded Burglar
- New Surveillance Footage Comes to Light of Redbearded Burglar Stealing Rifle from Philo Cabin
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Investigating the Redbearded Burglar Today in Elk
- The Hunt for the Redbearded Burglar Continues on the Mendocino County Coast, Says Sheriff Matt Kendall
- Redbearded Burglar Remains At-Large After Law Enforcement Searched Elk Area Today
- Redbearded Burglar Sought by Mendocino County Sheriff’s Suspected in Last Night’s Officer-Involved Shooting on the Coast
- Mendocino Sheriff Seeks Public Assistance in Identifying Burglar Targeting Remote Low Gap Road Homes