Redwood Valley resident Cassie Taaning-Trotter peered upwards from her home yesterday morning and was struck by the vibrant colors painted across the eastern sky.
She began “thinking of the colors in orange sherbert.”
Underneath the pastel clouds, a layer of fog hushed Redwood Valley and took on the subtle vibrancy of the sky above. That moment in time was “Stunning when they’re together in layers over our beautiful Valley,” Trotter reflected.
This moment of transcendence reminded Trotter of the “two years of drought” our region experienced and she said, “it’s like I forgot what clouds and fog look like.”
MendoMoments, is dedicated to showcasing the land, animals, and people that make up Mendocino County. All Mendocino County residents and visitors are invited to participate. Send photographs to email@example.com including a description of what your photograph depicts, where it was taken, and any other important details.
- MendoMoments: A Roosevelt Elk at Sinkyone Wilderness
- MendoMoments: A Caspar Shack with the Patina of Time
- MendoMoments: The Nearness of Autumn Comes Into Focus on the Mendocino Bluffs
- MendoMoments: The Long and Winding Philo-Greenwood Road
- MendoMoments: Surfer Rides a Wave Under the Blood Red Sun of Smoky Skies
- MendoMoments: A Gray Whale Emerges from the Pacific
- MendoMoments: A Wake of Vultures Feast on a Carcass
- MendoMoments: A Glass Beach Squirrel Gets Ornery When It Does Not Get a Snack
- MendoMoments: A Barn Owl in the Backyard
- MendoMoments: Lost in the Maze of Brooktrails
- MendoMoments: Noyo Harbor’s Baby Ospreys Emerge
- MendoMoments: Memorial Day at Russian River Cemetery
- MendoMoments: Soaking Feet in a Cool Creek
- MendoMoments: The Super Flower Blood Moon Descends Behind Duncan Peak
- MendoMoments: A Little Library in the Hamlet of Hearst
- MendoMoments: Thunderheads Gather Above the Mayacama Mountains
- MendoMoments: Lake Mendocino Through the Lens of a Newcomer