The following is a press release issued by the City Manager of Point Arena, Paul Anderson:
The City of Point Arena is accepting applications for a vacancy on the City Council.
Why is there a Vacancy on Point Arena City Council?
The vacancy was created when only one person ran for two open seats at the upcoming February 22, 2022 SpecialEelection. The person selected will serve a term until the end of 2022 and will need to run for reelection in the November 8, 2022 general election.
Qualifications for City Council
Qualified candidates must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be over the age of 18
- Reside with the Point Arena city limits
- Be a current registered voter in the City of Point Arena.
Process for Filling the Vacancy
The City Council will follow the process outlined below:
- Application Period: Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m. January 6, 2022.
- City Clerk Transmission of Application Materials. The City Clerk will provide each City Council member with all applications at the close of the application period.
- Review of applications. Council members will review all applications and may conduct interviews.
- At a Special Meeting at 6 p.m. on January 11, 2021, the City Council will appoint for the vacant seat.
Applying for the Council Appointment
To be considered, a completed application must be received by the City Clerk at Point Arena City Hall, 451 School Street, Point Arena, CA. Applications received after 4:00 pm will not be considered.
The City Council will make an appointment to the City Council at a Special Meeting on January 11, 2022 at 6:00 pm.
Paul Anderson, City Manager