Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Call Us

[UPDATE: Burn Patient Confirmed] Apartments in Willits on Fire, Residents Evacuated

Categories:
Smoke rising from the fire.
Smoke rising from the fire. [Credit to Brandon Lawson]

A little after 9 this morning, the Oak Glenn apartments caught fire in the the 1200 block of Locust Street of Willits.

The Incident Commander requested other agencies assistance to help with the evacuation of residents.

One family had to escape through a window.

Willits Firefighters battling flames.
Willits Firefighters battling flames. [Crop of a photo by Brandon Lawson]

Please remember that this story is unfolding. Information is being reported as we gather it. However, some of the information coming from witnesses and initial official reports could be wrong. We will do our best to get the facts but, in the case that something is inaccurate, we will update with correct information as soon as we can.

UPDATE 9:31 a.m.: More of the heartstopping photos from Brandon Lawson at the scene.

UPDATE 9:36 a.m.: One burn victim at the point of the origin, says the Incident Commander. He said they were trying to talk the victim to getting medical attention.

UPDATE 10:13 a.m.: The fire at the Oak Glenn Apartments has been succesfully knocked down. One burn patient has been confirmed and is being medivacked to address the injuries.

Kure Voting Modified BillBoard
ClarkesTreeServiceVersion2
ClarkesTreeServiceVersion2
ClarkesTreeServiceVersion2
ClarkesTreeServiceVersion2

5 COMMENTS

    • No. It was my downstairs neighbor & it was a grease fire from making fried potatoes, that got out of hand incredibly fast.

  1. I have burns from a grease fire, all down my left leg. Someone put peanut oil on the stove and went to play video game. Only 11 months after a car fire gave me a bed at UCDavis burn ward. Nothing like fire to wake a man up from mundane life.

  2. My friend lived upstairs of the tenants from hell that started the fire, three years of complaints to manager police being called on the tenants from hell woman screaming man’s screening at her and hitting the walls , cigarette smoke pot smell food odors people hitting walls slamming doors all hours of the night,a month ago police called again they found knife in position and other knifes woman screeming, than the man found himself an underage girl same thing cops called for woman screaming mother coming over and yelling at him that she was underage and he should not see her, management was told he had a full size Pool table in living room manager said it’s not allowed manager tell friend they have lawyers working on getting him evicted ,two days ago management having inspection never went to tenant from hell’s apartment , than the fire a day after my friend told management again about constant banging on walls at all hours, the fire happened yesterday my friend is safe because of her cats warning while she was in restroom smoke alarms never went off no one came to knock on her door to warn her she could have died if it was not for her cats warning,when she came out everyone was downstairs already she burnt her hand on the rail while trying to go down the stairs maintenance man came up and finally helped her she is lucky to be alive that fire would have never happened if the tenant’s from hell would have been evicted after so many police calls and woman possibly being hurt by this lousy person,I can’t believe no one knocked on my friends door and made sure their was no one in the apartment the manager knew she was home my friend called her on the phone day before because of the noisy idiots all night long, also they mention they did not have a fire extinguisher they are right outside the apartment door on the wall but these people are just plain bad apples worthless I have no respect for them or management even spoke to the head people of the apartment owners emailed them about the problem and nothing was done to help. my friend quiet disabled female with the biggest heart and kindness. Now she has no home all because of the lousy idiots ,I read their is a go fund account for someone I just hope it’s not for the idiots that started the fire my friend lost a lot of personal things because of not just the idiots that started the fire but because of management lack of applying the renters agreement.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Today's News

JohnHaschakSidebarAd
JohnHaschakSidebarAd
JohnHaschakSidebarAd
JohnHaschakSidebarAd
How Can I Support MendoFever?

News from the Week

%d bloggers like this: