The following is a police log published law enforcement dispatch in Ukiah. People named as being arrested should be presumed innocent unless/until found guilty in a court of law. In the spirit of transparency, MendoFever actively curates these police logs to protect the privacy of law enforcement personnel, suspects, and victims.
Some important codes to refer to when reading police logs follow: RP = Reporting party UTL/GOA means “Unable to locate, Gone on Arrival.” CODE 4 = “Situation Under Control”HBD=Has been drinking.
- 03:34:05 …SHOTS FIRED CLARA AV, UKIAH SINGLE CALLER REPORTING A COUPLE GUNSHOTS HEARD IN THE AREA // AREA CHECKED UTL GOA // ONE CONTACTED AT PARK PLACE ADVISING FIREWORKS
- 03:48:32 …SUSP PERSON TALMAGE RD, UKIAH CITED AND RELEASED PARKIN, COLE OF UKIAH CHARGES 6081 UCC
- 05:19:00 …AGENCY ASSIST – CALL FOR SERVICE 130 N ORCHARD AV, UKIAH AGENCY ASSIST FOR POSS 911 ABUSE // MEDICAL CLEARED AND CANCEL CALL
- 07:36:15 …ANIMAL LIVE OAK AV, UKIAH RP REPORTING DOG BITE VICTIM AT LOCATION
- 08:46:45 …UCC VIOL LOW GAP RD, UKIAH RP REPORTING UCC VIOLATION // SUBJECTS CONTACTED AND ALL PARTIES LEFT THE AREA UPON REQ
- 08:45:47 …TRESPASS AIRPORT PARK BL, UKIAH TRESPASSER AT LOCATION // SUBJ CONTACTED AND LEFT THE AREA UPON REQ
- 09:55:09 …SUSP PERSON WAUGH LN, UKIAH RP REPORTING WMA TRIED HIS DOOR HANDLE AT LOCATION // AREA CHECKED AND UTL/GOA
- 10:41:31 …TRESPASS E PERKINS ST, UKIAH RP REPORTING TRESPASSER AT LOCATION REFUSING TO LEAVE // SUBJ LEFT PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. AREA CHECKED AND UTL/GOA
- 10:52:27 …SUSP CIRC N SPRING ST, UKIAH RP REPORTING 2 MALES ATTEMPTED TO STEAL EQUIPMENT FROM LOCATION // AREA CHECKED AND UTL/GOA
- 12:49:26 …SUSP CIRC TODD RD, UKIAH 1066 MALE IN CREEK NEXT TO PROPERTY // SUBJ NO LONGER AT LOCATION AND INFO WAS TAKEN // 1015 @ 1554 WITH JOSHUA RETALLICK AGE 47 OF UKIAH FOR 69 PC. LODGED AT CJ.
- 12:56:17 …BRANDISHING WEAPON N ORCHARD AV, UKIAH RP REPORTING FEMALE WEARING ALL BLK BRANDISHING A KNIFE IN THE PARKING LOT // 1015 @ 1449 WITH AMICA WETZLER AGE 41 OF LITTLE RIVER FOR 23152(F) VC, 148 PC, AND 11364 H/S. LODGED AT CJ
- 3:18:59 …TRESPASS N STATE ST, UKIAH TRESPASSER AT LOCATION // SUBJ CONTACTED AND LEFT THE AREA UPON REQ
- 13:52:13 …ANIMAL MULBERRY ST, UKIAH RP REQ WELFARE CHECK ON DOGS AT LOCATION // DOGS WERE CODE 4 AND HAD FOOD AND WATER
- 15:38:41 …RECKLESS VEH S STATE ST, UKIAH RP REPORTING RECKLESS DRIVER ON A MOTORCYCLE IN THE AREA // INFO TAKEN
- 16:07:07 …MISC SERVICE N STATE ST, UKIAH RP REQ 21 REGARDING MISSING JUVENILE // JUVENILE LEFT LOCATION AGAIN PRIOR TO OFFICER ARRIVAL // JUVENILE RETURNED TO LOCATION
- 16:59:21 …SUSP CIRC S STATE ST, UKIAH RP REPORTING MALE SUBJ SPRAYING GAS ON VEHICLES IN THE AREA // 1015 @ 1710 WITH RAMON MACIEL AGE 51 OF UKIAH FOR 647F AND 148 PC. LODGED AT CJ
- 17:04:21 …DISTURBANCE HENDERSON LN, UKIAH RP REPORTING NEIGHBORS THROWING ROCKS AT EACH OTHER IN THE AREA. REQ AREA CHECKED // INFO TAKEN AND LOG DOC WAS PROVIDED
- 19:37:50 …SUSP PERSON E PERKINS ST, UKIAH PED CHECK // GASTON, RAYMOND AGE 44 OF OREGON CITED FOR 6097 UCC
- 19:48:36 …SECURITY CHECKS GIBSON CREEK // S ORCHARD, UKIAH SECURITY CHECK // MCCARTY,HARVEY AGE 45 OF UKIAH CITED FOR CHARGES FISH AND GAME 5652 A UCC 6081 PC 3455 B 1 // SUBJ CITED
- 20:35:18 …DRUNK IN PUBLIC AIRPORT PARK BL, UKIAH RPTS HBD SUBJ AT LOC THREW BEER ON RP AND IS BOTHERING MULTIPLE PEOPLE // 1015 @ 2047 HOURS W/ THOMAS, ANTONIO AGE 42 OF CHICO FOR PC 647 F// BOOKED AT COUNTY JAIL
- 23:10:11 …TRESPASS S STATE ST, UKIAH SUBJ TRESPASS AT LOC // SUBJ CONTACTED AND ADVISED NOT TO RETURN TO PROPERTY // LEAVING
A couple years back, I did an analysis between Ukiah and a comparable sized town in Colorado that I am familiar with. The counties are also comparable. I looked at crime logs over about a month or so. The results were striking. In Ukiah, there were rapes, murder, assaults, a plethora of drunks and druggies, the normal daily stuff. In Colorado, there was a joyride, some kids playing mailbox baseball, a guy froze to death in a park, and that’s about it. Nothing big.
Ukiah has serious issues in its police department. They aren’t enforcing the law. The selectively enforce the law, and only when it suits them. When some citizens begin to recognize this fact, they begin to take advantage of it… and lawlessness occurs.
I analyzed the UPD call logs recently again… to find out why there was a plague of graffiti, and other issues. The UPD, on the graveyard shift when the graffiti is occurring, basically do nothing. They watch TV.
Hey UPD… why not just do your jobs?
And, now, the UPD and Citty management are paying incentives to attract new police officers. On top of the already VERY HIGH wages that are being offered… that’s right… taxpayers might now be paying moving expenses to have polkice imported; police who do not understand the community, nor care to.
Police Sgt position currently offers a $20K bonus and $8K incentive.
Entry-level Patrol Officer offers a $10,000 Academy Graduate Bonus & an $8,000 Residency Incentive Program, or a Lateral Officer Flyer – which includes a $20,000 Lateral Officer Bonus & an $8,000 Residency Incentive Program
They are even paying bonuses to hire entry-level dispatchers.
Way to go, Chief-Next-in-Line Waidelich and Sage Sangiacomo! Wise use of taxpayer dollars!
In an EMPLOYERS market… where jobs are NUMEROUS… and candidates are everywhere… you folks can’t manage to figure out how to recruit from GOOD sources.
Instead, as you do with parties injured by the city, you simply run home to momma: taxpayer dollars. You pay off victims. You pay off job applicants.
You folks really do not get the plot, do you?