The following is a press release issued by the Mendocino County Fire Safe Council:
For a limited time we are offering FREE wildfire safety Home Assessments!! To make the program run smoothly, we need help from you or your Neighborhood Fire Safe Council (NFSC) to coordinate a few (3-4) assessments in their area on the same day. Ideally, the participating homes will also be willing to invite a few friends and neighbors over to get more information on improving the safety of their homes as well. As we will share with you, your home is only as safe as your neighbors’ homes. While we aim to get this information out to as many folks as possible, if you cannot fill these ideals but would still like an inspection, we can negotiate.
What do you get for FREE? For starters, it is a non-judgemental, non-binding, non-regulatory risk-free educational opportunity. You schedule the time and place and a Mendocino County Fire Safe Council representative will come by and:
- explain the basics of how to assess wildfire risks at your home,
- review the most important steps to take to lower your risk,
- walk your property and share observations about which improvements to make and how to prioritize them,
- answer any related questions you have, and
- if you would like, leave some literature to help you learn more.
To set up an evaluation session contact us at email@example.com or 707-462-3662
This opportunity is thanks to a grant from The Community Foundation of Mendocino! What a great way to get new residents thinking about how to survive and thrive in our wildfire-prone environment.