Welcome to our letters to the editor/opinion section. To submit yours for consideration, please send to email@example.com. Please consider including an image to be used–either a photograph of you or something applicable to the letter. However, an image is not necessary for publication.
Remember opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect that of MendoFever nor have we checked the letters for accuracy.
To the Editor-
With the upcoming election, there are two candidates running for the Mendocino County Superintendent of Schools. However, there is only one candidate who has been endorsed by many current educators, including four school district superintendents, multiple retired superintendents, the Ukiah Teachers Association, the CA School Employees Association, and the union representing Mendocino County Office of Education employees who serve under the Mendocino County Superintendent of Schools. This candidate is Nicole Glentzer.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Nicole in previous years and know her abilities well. Nicole’s outstanding leadership, ethics, and integrity are just some of the reasons I am supporting her campaign. She is incredibly hard working, develops and maintains positive relationships, and inspires quality interaction with all that she comes in contact with.
I am the parent of a school-aged child and currently work for a county office of education so I know how important the support of the county office of education is to each local school district and charter school. During the pandemic, it was not unusual to see Nicole filling in to various positions, such as crossing guard, food service, classroom aide, or teacher. It is during extremely trying times that true leaders standout and Nicole’s true leadership has been evident in all that she did to support the students in her school district plus those around her.
Nicole worked tirelessly to get kids back in the classroom and developed resources and templates for other school leaders throughout this county and neighboring counties. Nicole is always willing to fill in where needed and is focused on providing better support to the children in this county. She serves on various committees and boards where she advocates at the state-level to shine a light on the unique challenges faced in our rural areas.
I urge you to please join me and the long list of educators in voting for Nicole Glentzer on June 7th!
as a voter i have some questions for both candidates.
1) what is your position on CRT and its role in the classroom?
2) what is your position on shot and mask mandates for school kids?
3) what is your position of so-called gender affirmation and its role in the schools?
4) what is your position on indoctrination and promotion of kids in questioning their gender?
5) what is your position of a moment of silence allowing for prayer and the pledge of allegiance in the classroom?
6) what is your position on project 1619 and its role in the classroom?
7) “Last year, the California Department of Education released the first draft of a new curriculum framework for K-12 mathematics, which guides classroom teaching. ” …which introduces the woke math concept to the classrooms . what is your position on this?
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration of these matters.
In my opinion this lady has NO business being in charge of kids… her dictator like leadership consists of threate ing to call CPS in a parent who refused to allow their 100% Bealthy child to be randomly Covid tested.. this 6 year-old child was threatened with isolation before Nicole told my daughter that she would have CPS and police called if she brought him to school… DO NOT VOTE FOR HER!!!!