The following is an article written by Jeanne Jackson for her blog Mendonoma Sightings where she documents the wildlife, the land, and the waters of our coast.
Sarah Flaim is a talented photographer. She has previously let me share several of her photos, including ones of the Milky Way. But she trained her camera on something much smaller recently. She photographed an Anna’s Hummingbird at the moment its tongue pierced a droplet of water. How amazing is this?
Thanks to Sarah for allowing me to share her spectacular photo with you here. You can see more of Sarah’s photography at her Instagram page – @redwoodsinger.
The fog is hovering over the Pacific Ocean keeping temperatures mild, but most coastal locations have sun this afternoon. It’s a beautiful summer day on the Mendonoma Coast.
How Can You Support the Efforts of Mendonoma Sightings?
- Buy Jeanne Jackson’s book Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year here. The 270-page, full-color documentation of our coast’s beauty would make for a great gift or coffee table conversation piece.
- Jeanne Jackson has also written two children’s books: Sunny Loves Spring on the California Coast and Sunny Loves Summer on the California Coast. These playful children’s books were written to instill within children a love of nature. Jackson will be publishing the other two seasons this year. Those books can be purchased at http://sunnylovesnature.com/
- Check out Craig Tooley’s incredible photography of our coastline here. Buy some prints of his photos, get them framed, and bring the Mendonoma coast home.
- “Follow” and “Like” the Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year Facebook page for direct access to Jackson’s dispatches of life on Mendonoma.
- If you have your own Mendonoma Sighting, contact Jeanne Jackson at email@example.com to submit your narrative and photograph so she can document the experience.