The following is an article written by Jeanne Jackson for her blog Mendonoma Sightings where she documents the wildlife, the land, and the waters of our coast.
Bill Oxford noticed a low fog approaching the part of The Sea Ranch where he lives. The sunbeams mixed with fog created these lovely photos.
Bill is a professional photographer and I always appreciate it when he shares his talent with Mendonoma Sightings. You can see much more of his photography at this link: https://www.billoxford.com/
Today the dawn brought…rain! Not a lot, but it’s definitely rain, about a tenth of an inch.
How Can You Support the Efforts of Mendonoma Sightings?
- Buy Jeanne Jackson’s book Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year here. The 270-page, full-color documentation of our coast’s beauty would make for a great gift or coffee table conversation piece.
- Jeanne Jackson has also written two children’s books: Sunny Loves Spring on the California Coast and Sunny Loves Summer on the California Coast. These playful children’s books were written to instill within children a love of nature. Jackson will be publishing the other two seasons this year. Those books can be purchased at http://sunnylovesnature.com/
- Check out Craig Tooley’s incredible photography of our coastline here. Buy some prints of his photos, get them framed, and bring the Mendonoma coast home.
- “Follow” and “Like” the Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year Facebook page for direct access to Jackson’s dispatches of life on Mendonoma.
- If you have your own Mendonoma Sighting, contact Jeanne Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your narrative and photograph so she can document the experience.