The following is an article written by Jeanne Jackson for her blog Mendonoma Sightings where she documents the wildlife, the land, and the waters of our coast.
Rozanne Rapozo was at Gualala Point Regional Park when she noticed this young Peregrine Falcon landing on the log. Looks like this fledgling has just begun his/her flying lessons.
There were two more fledgling falcons that were “play” fighting.
Welcome, young Peregrine Falcons!
Thanks to Rozanne for allowing me to share her photos with you here.
We had more blessed rain this morning. The total from Monday and this morning’s rain is 0.34 inches, so a nice third of an inch. As I type this at 3:21 pm, the fog is rolling in. You never know what the weather is going to be like! The forecast is for sunny and warmer days ahead.
How Can You Support the Efforts of Mendonoma Sightings?
- Buy Jeanne Jackson’s book Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year here. The 270-page, full-color documentation of our coast’s beauty would make for a great gift or coffee table conversation piece.
- Jeanne Jackson has also written two children’s books: Sunny Loves Spring on the California Coast and Sunny Loves Summer on the California Coast. These playful children’s books were written to instill within children a love of nature. Jackson will be publishing the other two seasons this year. Those books can be purchased at http://sunnylovesnature.com/
- Check out Craig Tooley’s incredible photography of our coastline here. Buy some prints of his photos, get them framed, and bring the Mendonoma coast home.
- “Follow” and “Like” the Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year Facebook page for direct access to Jackson’s dispatches of life on Mendonoma.
- If you have your own Mendonoma Sighting, contact Jeanne Jackson at email@example.com to submit your narrative and photograph so she can document the experience.