The following is a press release issued by the County of Mendocino:
Showing August 12 – September 25, 2022, ImPRESSED celebrates the art of printmaking and community. Prints from local artists, both contemporary and beloved, will come together to inspire an appreciation for the fine art of printmaking, while offering a warm invitation to try your hand at becoming a printmaker!
From the Museum’s collection, prints from the co-founder of Mendocino Art Center Bill Zacha, notable Bay Area artist Henry Evans, artist and local activist Emmy Lou Packard, and cherished Mendocino College art professor Paula Gray will grace the walls of the Long Gallery.
Alongside these favorites, contemporary works from artists: Kristin Hock, Mike Barnes, Jerry Turner, and Jackson Deyerle of Ft. Bragg’s Art Explorers will also be displayed. Through art and writing these artists share their insights about creativity and ‘explore’ the importance of making art as a community.
The Mendocino County Museum is excited to host community art educator Miss Rossi, who will lead introductory classes in linoleum block printing. This program is designed for ages 10 and over, and advance sign up is required. The Museum’s Interactive Room will be open as a drop-in space for anyone wishing to continue working on a block begun during an Intro to Printmaking workshop.
Last but certainly not least, The Roots of Motive Power invites the community to have linocut blocks printed by their Buffalo Springfield roller during their 40th Annual Steam Festival September 10 – 11. Community members can bring finished blocks or create one during the event at Recreation Grove Park. Printmaking will be 11:00-3:00 Saturday and Sunday. Drop in printmaking on site sponsored by the Roots of Motive Power.
Exhibit Program Calendar
- History Makers: Printmaking – DIY Printmaking – Free w/Admission – 1st Sat. and every Wed. in August 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Intro to Printmaking with Miss Rossi – Basic Linocut – $7 material fee, age 10+, registration required – Friday, August 12, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- ImPRESSED Exhibit Opens – Standard Admission Fees – Saturday, August 13, 2022, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
- Drop-in Linoleum Block Workspace – Included w/Intro to Printmaking – Every Sat. August 13 – September 3, 2022, 12:00 – 3:30 pm
- Intro to Printmaking with Miss Rossi – Basic Linocut – $7 material fee, age 10+, registration required – Friday, August 19, 2022, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- Intro to Printmaking with Miss Rossi – Basic Linocut – $7 material fee, age 10+, registration required – Saturday, August 27, 2022, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Roots of Motive Power 40th Annual Steam Festival – Sat. September 10 & Sun. September 11, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Museum Open 10:00 am – 4:00 pm