The following is a press release issued by the County of Mendocino:
Eligible microbusiness owners still have the opportunity to apply online for a $2,500 grant from the California Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant Program. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds have been granted. This grant is administered in partnership with Economic Development and Financing Corporation (EDFC) and funded by the California Office of the Small Business Advocate.
- Verified as locally-owned and operated (physically located in Mendocino County).
- The microbusiness is currently active and operating, or has a clear plan to reopen when the state permits the reopening of the business.
- Open and operating prior to COVID-19 (prior to December 31, 2019).
- Currently have <5 full-time equivalent employees and had <5 full-time equivalent employees in 2019 and 2020.
- Generated <$50,000 in business revenue in 2019.
- The applicant is the majority owner and manager of the microbusiness.
- This business was the applicant’s primary means of income in the 2019 taxable year.
- Significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as evidenced by at least a 10% reduction in revenue from the 2019 to 2020 taxable years.
- Did not receive a grant from the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
- Not a business excluded from participation in the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program, as specified in paragraph (2) of subdivision (f) of Section 12100.82.
Please visit https://www.edfc.org/microbusiness-relief-grant-program/ for more information.
Please contact EDFC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (707) 234-5705 with any questions and support with the application process. Assistance is available in Spanish upon request.