The following is a press release from the Point Cabrillo Lightkeepers Association:
Lighthouse Lens Tours on October 14 at Point Cabrillo
Saturday, October 14, 2023
10am – 4pm
$5 for kids, $10 for adults
Climb to the top of Mendocino’s historic lighthouse!
Join volunteer docents at Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park in Northern California for the unique opportunity to climb to the top of the lighthouse tower, stand next to the historic 1909 Fresnel Lens, and see the beautiful views of the Mendocino Coastline. These tours happen only a few times a year, and are always a delight!
All the funds raised from these tours go right back into taking care of this park. Thank you!
- Tours are first-come, first-serve, no reservations
- First tour of the day goes up at 10am, last tour of the day goes up at 4pm
- $10 per adult, $5 per child (under 18)
- All children must be over 42″ tall to climb the stairs
- There are no babies or animals allowed on this tour
- Tour guests must be able to climb three sets of steep ladders
Don’t forget about the half mile walk from the parking lot to the lighthouse! Give yourself plenty of time to arrive before our last tours of the day head up the stairs.
Tours last between 20 – 40 minutes, and are led by the experienced docents of the Point Cabrillo Lightkeepers Association. For more information, you can call the office at 707-937-6123 or email us at email@example.com.
This is the last scheduled tour of 2023! Check our website for more history tours coming up at the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse, located between the towns of Fort Bragg and Mendocino on the Northern California Coast, about three hours north of the San Francisco Bay Area.