The following is a press release issued by the County of Mendocino:
Free COVID tests are still available to order by mail from the federal government
until Friday, September 2nd. Funding is not available past this date.
All households in the U.S. have been eligible to receive three (3) orders of free at-home COVID tests. If your family has only ordered one or two batches of tests this year, Public Health is encouraging you to get your second or third batch before funding runs out on September 2nd. Each test order comes with eight (8) at-home tests.
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests.
The test kits are free and can be ordered at: https://www.covid.gov/tests