William Evers, also referred to as the Redbearded Burglar, has maintained his outlaw, forest-living lifestyle for nearly an entire year. After purportedly firing a gun at deputies last May, the Mendocino County Sheriff Office has responded to multiple reports describing Evers breaking into homes, stealing food, sundries, and even a rifle at one point.
According to Mendocino Country Sheriff’s Office Captain Greg Van Patten, deputies were dispatched to Albion Ridge Road yet again yesterday afternoon after Evers was literally caught with his pants down by a resident who witnessed him “pooping in the woods” after which Evers ran off.
Captain Van Patten said MCSO was able to dedicate a four-person search team to the area gathered from the personnel “available on the coast.”
Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office has dedicated hundreds of man-hours at this point in their search for William Evers who clearly has continued to find refuge in the woods and evidently has learned the necessary survival skill of defecating au natural.
The Redbearded Burglar has eluded capture since February of 2021 where he was first reported on private property in the hills west of Ukiah.
On the night of May 12, 2021, Evers allegedly shot at deputies who had responded to a cabin he was reportedly burglarizing.
On May 19, 2021, he reportedly stole a rifle from a cabin in Philo.
On May 25, 2021, MCSO was able to successfully identify the Redbearded Burglar as 40-year-old William Allan Evers, a man wanted by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for criminal threats.
Evers has been described by MCSO“as a white male adult, 6 feet 1 inch tall, weighing 180 pounds with brown eyes, brown hair and reddish facial hair.” Other notable features include “a skull or skulls tattoo on his right upper arm, “Demon face” tattoo on his upper left arm and an “unknown prominent tattoo on his chest.”
MCSO asks, “Anyone who observes suspicious activity or possible sightings of William Evers, especially those persons who live/visit Middle Ridge Road in Albion, are asked to immediately notify the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office by calling 707-961-2421 for non-emergencies or 9-1-1 if it is an emergency.”
UPDATE: Redbearded Burglar Captured!
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Once Again in Albion Attempting to Apprehend the Redbearded Burglar
- Law Enforcement Comb the Woods of Albion Ridge Searching for the Redbearded Burglar
- Mendocino Coast Resident Recounts Finding the Redbearded Burglar Pilfering Onions and Beets
- Albion Road Resident Spots the Redbearded Burglar Snooping Around Their Vegetable Garden
- Law Enforcement Conducting Dragnet on Mendocino County Coast to Capture the Redbearded Burglar
- The Redbearded Burglar Strikes Again: A Multi-Agency SWAT Team Responds
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Releases Identity of the Redbearded Burglar
- New Surveillance Footage Comes to Light of Redbearded Burglar Stealing Rifle from Philo Cabin
- Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Investigating the Redbearded Burglar Today in Elk
- The Hunt for the Redbearded Burglar Continues on the Mendocino County Coast, Says Sheriff Matt Kendall
- Redbearded Burglar Remains At-Large After Law Enforcement Searched Elk Area Today
- Redbearded Burglar Sought by Mendocino County Sheriff’s Suspected in Last Night’s Officer-Involved Shooting on the Coast
- Mendocino Sheriff Seeks Public Assistance in Identifying Burglar Targeting Remote Low Gap Road Homes